The competition is really strong. It was impossible to choose just six rigs, which was the first plan, so we decided to give a chance to more people. There are fourteen champions, seven air systems and seven liquid systems. Every design is interesting and clever, with various original features. It’s going to be a tough choice, but we hope you will find your favourite one!
To make this as brief as possible, we had to adjust and reduce the descriptions of every competitor. We apologise in advance if we forgot to mention something important. Feel free to add any supplementary info in comments.
- Sasa Ch. (1. air): case: Acutake Carbon; system fans: 1× Noctua NF-P12 for the intake and 2× Arctic F12 silent for the outtake (120 mm, 7 V); CPU: Pentium G3240; CPU cooler: Scythe Shuriken rev. B (quiet settings; the board is ASRock H81M-ITX); GPU: MSI GeForce GT 710 (without a fan);
- Rudolf K. (2. air): case: Fractal Design Define XL R2; system fans: 2× NF-P12-1300@~ 600 rpm and 2× S12A with PWM@650 – 700 rpm; CPU: QX6700; CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12P with NF-F12 (PWM, 500 – 700 rpm); GPU: MSI HD 7750 with adjusted RPM, works in a semi-passive mode;
- Daniel M. (3. air): case: Fractal Design Core 1000; system fans: 1× Noctua NF-P12 for the outtake; CPU: unknown; CPU cooler: unknown, 2× NH-U9B SE2; GPU: uknown, probably two NF-A9x14 PWM fans on the default heatsink;
- Maroš S. (4. air): case: Fractal Design Node 202; system fans: unknown; CPU: Intel Core i3-4130; CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L91; GPU: Zotac GTX 1050 Ti (short version with one fan); motherboard: Gigabyte H87N-WiFi;
- Peter P. (5. air): case: NZXT S340; system fans: stock fans, 120 mm, 2 for the intake and 2 for the outtake; CPU: Core i7-6700K@4.5 GHz; CPU cooler: Ninja 4 with a manually regulated fan (medium); GPU: MSI GTX GeForce 1070 Gaming X, Twin Frozr VI with slowed fans (through MSI Afterburner);
- Michal F. (6. air): case: Fractal Design Define R2 Pearl Black; system fans: stock fans + some 140mm Cooler Master (unknown model); CPU: Core i5-8600; CPU cooler: SilentiumPC Fera 3; GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080, stock settings; motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO;
- Peter V. (7. air): case: Fractal Design Define R5; system fans: regulated to <400 rpm; CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1700; CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15, approx 350 rpm; GPU: modified XFX RX 480 GTR Black (stock compound changed to Arctic MX4, removed cover, and AC F9 PWM CO fans);